Staff Interpreter - Northern/Central MN
- Post Date:August 21, 2020
- Views 405
Keystone Interpreting Solutions is looking for ASL Interpreter in Northern/Central MN!
We are currently looking for a full-time American Sign Language (ASL) Staff Interpreters for Central/Northern Area of Minnesota to join our dynamic team!
The mission of KIS is to contribute and strengthen the Deaf community through trusted allies in communication equality. KIS is also known as a unique resource for addressing diverse language and communication needs. KIS has been providing on-site and remote interpreting services. KIS is committed to providing the highest level of interpreting services with a deaf-centered approach. We are keenly aware of the many communication challenges faced by businesses daily and are committed to providing solutions to these challenges.
As a Staff Interpreter, you will interpret for Deaf, DeafBlind and hard of hearing consumers in the community and educational settings. The Staff Interpreter will also provide any assistance to interns when it is needed. Staff Interpreter may be asked to work on specialized projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- RID certification or working towards obtaining certification
- Must be able to effectively communicate with hearing individuals and in American Sign Language (ASL), with deaf, and hard of hearing individuals
- Strong understanding of deaf culture, diversity, inclusivity, and resources related to deafness and interpreter standards
- Works minimally with the supervisor and the Scheduling team. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information and comply with HIPAA and other privacy requirements
- Must be able to use appropriate specialized terminology, and have excellent listening, retention, and presentation skills when applicable
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a variety of situations
- Must have access to reliable transportation to travel in Central/Northern Minnesota
- Available to work after hours and weekends, as needed
- Must exhibit competencies of:
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management/Setting Priorities
- Attention to Detail
Open till filled
For more information about Keystone Interpreting Solutions,
Please visit our website at www.kisasl.com
For more information about the position,
Please contact Jimmy Beldon at Jimmy@kisasl.com
Related Jobs (1)
Staff Interpreter – Twin Cities on September 9, 2022 Full Time