Staff Interpreter - DMV
- Post Date:September 26, 2022
- Apply Before: January 1, 1970
- Views 162
Keystone Interpreting Solutions is looking for ASL Interpreter in DMV!
We are currently looking for a full-time American Sign Language (ASL) Staff Interpreters for District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia (DMV) Area of Maryland to join our dynamic team!
The mission of KIS is to contribute and strengthen the Deaf community through trusted allies in communication equality. KIS is also known as a unique resource for addressing diverse language and communication needs. KIS has been providing on-site and remote interpreting services using leading-edge technology and evidence-based knowledge. KIS is committed to providing the highest level of interpreting services with a deaf-centered approach. We are keenly aware of the many communication challenges faced by businesses daily and are committed to providing solutions to these challenges.
Staff Interpreter will also provide any assistance to the KIS of MD team when it is needed. Staff Interpreter may be asked to work on specialized projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- RID certification or working towards obtaining certification
- Must be able to effectively communicate with hearing individuals and in American Sign Language (ASL), with deaf, and hard of hearing individuals
- Strong understanding of deaf culture, diversity, inclusivity, and resources related to deafness and interpreter standards
- Works minimally with the supervisor and the Scheduling team. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information and comply with HIPAA and other privacy requirements
- Must be able to use appropriate specialized terminology, and have excellent listening, retention, and presentation skills when applicable
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a variety of situations
- Must have access to reliable transportation to travel in District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia (DMV) area
- Available to work after hours and weekends, as needed
- Must exhibit competencies of:
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management/Setting Priorities
- Attention to Detail
Open till filled
For more information about Keystone Interpreting Solutions of Maryland,
Please visit our website at www.MD.kisasl.com
For more information about the position,
Please contact Jimmy Beldon at Jimmy@kisasl.com